Pita and various cheeses have recently become a more regular part of my diet, which gives me nothing to complain about. And I recently discovered the wondrous combination of pita, cottage cheese, labana (a yogurt-cheese), and nutella. ...my newest bedtime snack of choice!
Oh, and my newest favorite dessert-- Knaffe. Imagine a realllllly juicy mozzarella stick wrapped with filo dough and shredded wheat like crunchiness, soaked in honey, and then topped with pistachios and drizzled with rosewater/honey-like mixture.
And more generally the food here is quiiiiiiite fantastic.
Hummus, fresh pita, juicy and flavorful and ever so slightly blemished (read, ORGANIC, not grown to aesthetic perfection as too many fruits and vegetables are, in order to please demanding consumers ..in America) fruits and vegetables, and new Arab and Israeli dishes of various sorts never grow old...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
morgan, these all sound so amazing. you know i'm hUGe on beautiful, interesting food that tastes good. i look forward to hearing more about your culinary adventures. -jealous in PA
AHHHH, I'm jealous! I wish I could have hummus even once a week here at camp. Its pretty tragic. But I'm glad you're enjoying all your real food!
Post a Comment