I know the feeling of being overwhelmed by the pain and brokenness in the world, in humans. As we cry out in frustration, let us also strengthen each other by naming where we do see God's presence. Today, I have seen God vividly in the people I've met and related to here in the US...a reminder to me that God is present in the world.
Amen. I've heard this before elsewhere, but I recently saw it in a couchsurfer profile. Enjoy :)
I sometimes pray the serenity prayer when I feel overwhelmed (God Grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change; the courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference)
2 comments:
I know the feeling of being overwhelmed by the pain and brokenness in the world, in humans. As we cry out in frustration, let us also strengthen each other by naming where we do see God's presence. Today, I have seen God vividly in the people I've met and related to here in the US...a reminder to me that God is present in the world.
Amen. I've heard this before elsewhere, but I recently saw it in a couchsurfer profile. Enjoy :)
I sometimes pray the serenity prayer when I feel overwhelmed (God Grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change; the courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference)
Post a Comment